Spent most of the day doing nothing, time difference is still messing with me... Nothing blog worthy... But one thing.. what I survived on so far this entire trip. My chicken fried rice.. =)
I was trying to talk to the driver taking me to the airport but guess what... lol He speaks no english. So all he says is yes yes ok ok lmfao. But hes twisting and turning down streets I've never seen before so I whip out my trusty Chinese phrase booklet and say Ji Chang he replys yes Airport yes. Hahaha So does he or doesnt he speak English. I say to him, is it always this type of weather here. What do you think he replied??? Yes yes ok ok lol
Okay sooo I just arrived at the airport for my 3hr flight to Beijing. Like whoa.. where do I go? where do I turn? Anyone Air China? No one seems to know what I am talking about.. =(
I am on the economy line because I see business class no where. I get to the front of the line only to be turned around to the other side of the counter to Business class. So I get to where I am suppose to be checking in at. There seems to be something wrong with my ticket but of course she doesn't speak english so she cant convey to me what the problem is. She sends for someone else, they still cant explain. Now if you have ever been to a country where no one speaks english, it is hella scary when you don't know wth is going on. Still dont know what the issue was but she hands me my ticket, passport and I am on my way. Time to find security and A29 this should be interesting. Following the signs this proves to be a no brainer. Finally something that doesn't take much effort english captions where they should be. I am on my way.... See you in Beijing

2 comments:
U know I've always wanted to go to Korea to see my mom's country and family, but I've always been worried about traveling there solo with just my translator book and childhood phrases...I feel u, girl!
Went to Honduras with the twins this year and the airport out there put my spanish to shame. I felt more comfortable when I went to Spain.... isn't that a shame?!!!!
Post a Comment